Should cupcake liners be sprayed with nonstick cooking spray?

asked by XXX-XXX-2148 about 3 years ago
3-bizcard

No, there is no need to spray them. The wrappers will peel away once the cupcake is cooled without any cooking spray.The only time you oil or spray them is if you are not using liners just like you would a cake.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

I guess I'm a little OCD. I always spray my cupcake/muffin pan first so the cupcake/muffin tops don't stick to the pan. Then I insert the liners, and spray the liners lightly also, just to make sure the papers peel away nicely. Same goes for my cake pans...grease the pan, insert parchment, grease the parchment.

Jc_profilepic

I have found that the unbleached [brown] liners don't need any spray, but the pastel ones need a little spritz inside or the cupcake is difficult to remove from the liner sometimes. The spray has built up a little on my pans so I don't spray before putting in the liners like mrslarkin does (to keep the "tops" from sticking to the pan itself) but I would probably do what mrslarkin does if my pans were new.