🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

where do the best cherries in the US come from?

comments: just curious!

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

My back yard...

Buddhacat

My sister-in-laws cherry orchard in Idaho, my cousins cherry orchard on the Flathead Lake in Montana and the cherries in the Yakima Valley in Washington State.

Buddhacat

P.S. I can't speak for the rest of the US because these are the only ones I have tasted. I love cherries.

Profilepic

Michigan, hands down.

I'm with Rivka....Michigan...Cherry Festival every year in Traverse City

Debbykalk-photo

Another vote for Yakima Valley in Washington state - especially when they are just picked and still warm from the sun.

Junechamp

wherever you are that they grow, I think they're the best for YOU. The closer you are to where things grow, the riper they can be picked, and I think that's the trick.

Growing up, I always thought the best tasting fruit was from my aunts' farms in Central Illinois; and we certainly have some really delicious cherries in our Union Square Greenmarket in New York City that grow somewhere nearby -- New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania -- not sure, but freshly picked ripe and yummy.

I have to agree with Ripka and inpatskitchen, Michigan. I bought a quart of black cherries yesterday and before I could do anything with them they had vanished. Could it be the three granddaughters in my kitchen?

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Apologies for the spam -- we're working to track it down.

Cimg0737

I agree -- I think that the best cherries are the ones that you can buy locally.

When I lived in New York City, I would buy as many sour cherries as possible during the short season at the Union Square Greenmarket. I would make all sorts of baked cherry desserts -- they were fantastic. But now that I live in the Pacific Northwest, I have become addicted to sweet cherries, especially Rainier cherries. They too are amazing -- my family can't eat enough of them.