🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Raspberry Acetosa Mojito

071911_42

Wonder if more rasberry taste would not be extracted by cooking them with the sugar and water and then strain?

asked by Andreadoria56 about 3 years ago

I actually think the raw freshness of the raspberries pureed is part of the lightness of the cocktail. Instead of a rich, jam-y taste, you get a right-off-the-bush tang that comes from not cooking the life out of the berries, I believe.

Moslerpingvin

Thank you - that may well be it, but there is one way to find out, right? Try both methods!

Emiko_davies_new_portrait

I agree that the freshness of the un-cooked raspberries is really a highlight of this syrup base! Consider also that you add the fresh raspberries to hot sugar-syrup so while it doesn't actually "cook" I believe the flavour is really brought out by hitting the raspberries with the hot syrup. If you are considering experimenting with cooking them, I would still add the vinegar after you take it off the heat. Hope that helps!