🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

About to make a big batch of applesauce. Can I freeze some?

asked by AEC about 4 years ago
Portrait

I find that homemade applesauce freezes pretty well. I prefer to freeze it in small quantities, and then thaw it slowly in the refigerator. I've had better luck freezing it than canning it, which (for me) often results in an "off" color and flavor. My family seems happy enough to eat the frozen stuff!

you can also reheat it after freezing and then wait for it come to room temp/whatever temp you want to eat it.

Kay_at_lake

Absolutely. Freeze it in plastic baggies, as much air as possible squeezed out. I've had decent luck thawing it in a warm water bath.

Definitely. I freeze it in serving size portions so you can defrost in a warm water bath and eat.

Dscf2141

Depending on freezer space you can freeze in ice cube trays. Especially if you have any of the silicone ones that make large square cubes.

Cakes

Yes - I freeze it in freezer bags all the time.