🔎

In the 1950's my grandmother made a Chocolate Macaroon cookie with four ingredients: egg whites,powdered sugar, coarse cracker crumbs, and 1 whole box of DOT chocolate. I have never been able to find DOT chocolate, who manufactured it, or the quantity in 1 whole box. Any ideas? All 21 of my cousins remember this cookie. Granny lived in Cleveland, Ohio so perhaps local?

036

I just poked around a bit and I found several references to Baker's DOT chocolate, but they don't have it on their product website. Maybe you could contact them directly for information?

Image

Voted the Best Answer!

Dot Oh, I'm so excited! I found it for you! It's Baker's semisweet baking chocolate. Here it is on ebay:
http://compare.ebay.com...

You probably can't get it any more, but you could substitute the current Baker's semi-sweet chocolate (or any good semi-sweet chocolate).

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

What I really love about drbab's answer and the photo is that I just learned that "Baker's Chocolate" is made by a company apparently founded by someone named Walter Baker!! Who would have known? How interesting! Thanks for posting this. ;o)