🔔
🔎

Opinions/recommendations on a good quality 9 or 10" tart pan with removable base?

The bottom of a springform pan I bought recently was rusty after the first use--even though I handwashed it--and I don't want to make that mistake again. Would also appreciate brief primer (or link?) on what to look for/avoid in terms of types of metal--aluminum? nonstick? steel? In reading reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, it appears that dangerously sharp edges are common and rust is also a problem, as is uneven heating and/or burning.
Thank you!

asked by drkate over 3 years ago

I got mine at William Sonoma-- good quality and fairly priced.

I had some old black metal tart pans that had rusted around the edges. I went to Sur La Table and bought a new, non-stick one for a hefty price, around $28, I think. On my way out of the mall, I swung by Crate & Barrel and saw a similar one for about half the price, so I returned the Sur La Table pan. I have been very pleased with the new non-stick one.

Junechamp

I've bought all of mine at restaurant supply stores. They're usually more durable and less expensive than those sold in specialty stores. At least, that's been my experience.

Thank you, everyone! There seems much more variety in solid tart pans, but I've seen so many recipes specify pans with removable bottoms, I thought I'd look into buying one. I am fearful that the two piece tart pans will make a mess of my oven. I guess we'll see!
Thanks again!

Junechamp

You can remedy that possible "drip factor" by placing your tart pan on a baking sheet in your oven to catch any overflow. I've found that to be rare with my two-piece pans. (I have seven.)

Merrill

Sorry for the spam, everyone! We're still working to resolve this.