My Basket ()

  • 4

  • 1168


A question about a recipe: Korean Kalbi

I have a question about the ingredient "beef short ribs, cut against the bone, lengthwise. 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick" on the recipe "Korean Kalbi " from edamame2003. Is this a cut you can ask the butcher to do?

Answer »
keel added over 2 years ago

You can get this cut at Korean markets. I have even found them at Sam's Club before but your best bet is a Korean market.

keel added over 2 years ago

One more tip. Be sure to rinse the bone shards before you marinate the meat. I find this cut of short ribs is more prone to bone shards than the English cut of short ribs.

edamame2003 added over 2 years ago

you can find this cut at asian markets, but ask your butcher for flanken cut (cut through the bone lengthwise).


Merrill is a co-founder of Food52.

added over 2 years ago

Sorry for the spam, everyone! We're still working to resolve this.

No need to email me as additional
answers are added to this question.