🔎

Has anyone ever made fried green tomatoes with green cherry tomatoes? Did it work?

Img_1879_-_version_2
036

I have not, but I think the rounded skin side might prove to be a non-stick surface for the breading ... oh I assumed you meant halved, Whole ones - same thought - non-stick. Hmm ... maybe if you did a 4 stage breading station? milk -> flour -> egg -> breading ??? what's the worst thing that could happen? Fried crispy stuff and tomatoes!

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

They're a bit tiny. But I'm sure you could do it. When green tomatoes aren't available I use tomatillos.

no it did not... now i live on the streets in my mini van cuz they burnt down my house and i currently cant afford a new one :(

Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

If you can't work with the breading, try sizzling them with butter/olive oil, lots of garlic and pepper. It works with red ones, so it should be workable with green too.