🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Classic Peach Pie

48_thumb

I have a question about step 7 on the recipe "Classic Peach Pie" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. It says:

"This pie freezes well BEFORE baking. If you'd like to store it in a freezer make sure it wrapped well in plastic wrap so no air can reach it. Then, cover it with a layer of aluminum foil. We usually freeze these for up to 6 months."

What are the cooking instructions for a frozen pie....temp and time?

asked by Lynda about 3 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

I see this is urgent and no one has stepped up, so I will. At least you can get going. I'd just bake it as directed, and figure that it will take 15 minutes or so longer than it otherwise would. Just keep a watch, and take it out when it's browned and bubbly.

Dg_madeleine_no_glasses_by_david_lebovitz
Dorie Greenspan

Dorie is a food writer and award-winning author of ten cookbooks, her most recent being Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours.

I'm with Greenstuff on this one. Put the pie on a parchment- or silicone-lined baking sheet and bake as directed. If it looks like the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie loosely with a foil tent. Because it was frozen, it might take a little longer to bake but, as Greenstuff said, you'll know it's down when it's browned and bubbly.