🔎

I have some old tomatillos that I husked and left in a bowl on the dining table for several weeks. Can I use? They look fine.

Therealcoconutz
Agi_fountain
One More Bite added over 3 years ago

Tomatillos The timing couldn't be any better. I just posted a recipe for Tomatillo Salsa today: http://agablack.wordpress...
Hope you'll love this one as much as I have. Beside what I wrote on my blog, I also use it for yummy sandwiches. So, so good with avocado and burrata. Enjoy!
Agi

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

If they look fine, well, that's a good sign. Cut one open and try it! If it smells bad, don't bother tasting it. If it smells okay, taste it. If it tastes okay, use it! And please let us know how it turns out!! ;o)

pikawicca added over 3 years ago

If they're not moldy or rotten, they're fine. These guys store well at room temp.

innoabrd added over 3 years ago

Tomatillos actually store better at room temp than refrigerated, according to some research from UC Davis I read. I think they contain some pectin as well, which helps too.

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

You would definitly know if they were bad. Black and oozing.

nutcakes added over 3 years ago

I kept all the firm ones and dumped any spongy ones, only a couple -- wow these are keepers. I also bought another pound and didn't need to use them. So salsa for sure this week. Thank You all for the the good advice.

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

Salsa sounds great, but how about a good pork chile verde? My favorite for tomatillo's.