🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

What is the best way to pack a loaf of banana bread for shipping?

What is best to wrap it in to keep it fresh -- foil, saran wrap, zip lock, combo?
And how to protect it in transport -- best buffering mechanisms for the box

asked about 3 years ago
Port2

I would first wrap it well in tin foil, wrap that in a bunch of cushioning paper towels, place it all in a plastic bag, then place it in a box that either fits right or fill out any remaining airy corners.

Lucky recipient!

Wholefoods_user_icon

What I do is first wrap in plastic wrap to keep it moist and then wrap in foil to keep it from breaking apart. Then I pack it in a box surrounded on all four sides with either eco-sytrofoam peanuts or crumpled newspaper.

Flower-bee

You can also use some popped popcorn as a buffer instead of the shipping "peanuts"; they smell of chemicals sometimes and that might transfer onto and ruin your banana bread.