🔎

Chicken Divine or Tuna Casserole?

Img__631-1_(1)
TiggyBee added over 3 years ago

I'm feeling retro today...Tuna Casserole

Image

How about Tuna Divine?

Whoa bro! Tuna casserole off the back of a soup can was the food of my childhood. So I'm going with that. Seriously, I kept trying to ramp it up but staying true. When my late mother was heading down that slope I prepared one for the family just as a nod to that time. Don't forget the potato chips on top.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Definitely tuna casserole. With 'tato chips.

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

It's funny that the post here is so retro. I just had a request for Sunday dinner tommorow be chicken a la king. Another 1950's hit apparently.

Birthday_2012

Meg is a trusted home cook.

tuna casserole with either rice krispies or corn flakes instead of the tato chips, also i also love the chips, esp classic ruffles. be sure there are peas in the tuna casserole part and i eschew the canned soup that is usually in the casserole in favor of a cream sauce with sauteed mushrooms.

nutcakes added over 3 years ago

bleck, I'd go for the chicken because you can try to make it moist. I'd never make tuna noodle ever again.

Dsc03010
betteirene added over 3 years ago

(Voice of Homer Simpson): Chicken a la king. Mmmmm.

nutcakes added over 3 years ago

I lied, I forgot I've made the fresh one from Kitchen Sense a couple of times.
http://articles.sfgate...

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

I will always give people the respect they deserve as humans no matter what there choices are when it comes to food. But, in some cases I have to give an opinion that I really can't hold. So if your choice is to eat tuna casserole made with canned tuna, more power to you. But if your going to make a casserole with sushi grade tuna. I have to say what a waste of good tuna! There so many better ways to use it.

Birthday_2012

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I've never made Chicken a la King. Tried and True recipes?

Birthday_2012

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Also, what is Chicken Divine? I'm assuming it's a chicken casserole, may have voted prematurely.

Jampro
Bevi added over 3 years ago

I was raised on tuna noodle - and so were my kids!

Summer_2010_1048
Midge added over 3 years ago

I'm sure you have a killer tuna noodle casserole up your sleeve, thirschfeld, but just in case, here's one that doesn't use canned soup. It's delicious.
http://www.saveur.com/food...

Img__631-1_(1)
thirschfeld added over 3 years ago

midge I have seen this tuna casserole and it is great. I made both Saturday as an experiment. The chicken my mom always called divine but many know it as Divan, both are great dishes. I once saw a dish by Thomas Keller, called Betty's Spaghetti and it was his version of his mom's spaghetti. Got me to thinking about tuna casserole and Chicken Divan.