Chicken Divine or Tuna Casserole?

asked by thirschfeld almost 4 years ago

I'm feeling retro today...Tuna Casserole

Image

How about Tuna Divine?

Whoa bro! Tuna casserole off the back of a soup can was the food of my childhood. So I'm going with that. Seriously, I kept trying to ramp it up but staying true. When my late mother was heading down that slope I prepared one for the family just as a nod to that time. Don't forget the potato chips on top.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Definitely tuna casserole. With 'tato chips.

Desert

It's funny that the post here is so retro. I just had a request for Sunday dinner tommorow be chicken a la king. Another 1950's hit apparently.

Birthday_2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

tuna casserole with either rice krispies or corn flakes instead of the tato chips, also i also love the chips, esp classic ruffles. be sure there are peas in the tuna casserole part and i eschew the canned soup that is usually in the casserole in favor of a cream sauce with sauteed mushrooms.

bleck, I'd go for the chicken because you can try to make it moist. I'd never make tuna noodle ever again.

Dsc03010

(Voice of Homer Simpson): Chicken a la king. Mmmmm.

I lied, I forgot I've made the fresh one from Kitchen Sense a couple of times.
http://articles.sfgate...

Desert

I will always give people the respect they deserve as humans no matter what there choices are when it comes to food. But, in some cases I have to give an opinion that I really can't hold. So if your choice is to eat tuna casserole made with canned tuna, more power to you. But if your going to make a casserole with sushi grade tuna. I have to say what a waste of good tuna! There so many better ways to use it.

Birthday_2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I've never made Chicken a la King. Tried and True recipes?

Birthday_2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Also, what is Chicken Divine? I'm assuming it's a chicken casserole, may have voted prematurely.

Cakes

I was raised on tuna noodle - and so were my kids!

Summer_2010_1048

I'm sure you have a killer tuna noodle casserole up your sleeve, thirschfeld, but just in case, here's one that doesn't use canned soup. It's delicious.
http://www.saveur.com/food...

Img__631-1_(1)

midge I have seen this tuna casserole and it is great. I made both Saturday as an experiment. The chicken my mom always called divine but many know it as Divan, both are great dishes. I once saw a dish by Thomas Keller, called Betty's Spaghetti and it was his version of his mom's spaghetti. Got me to thinking about tuna casserole and Chicken Divan.