any good tips for a simple healthy soup (must incl carrots) #ivegotlotsofcarrotstouseup
Great pureed vegetable soup, reminiscent of one I had in a pub in Ireland last year --carrot is the star:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
6 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Crushed walnuts (optional)
1. Clean, peel and cut all vegetables into chunks so they will cook quickly.
2. Heat oil in large pot. Saute carrots, onions and potato for about 5 minutes to heighten flavors.
3. Add chicken stock. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are well cooked (about 20 minutes).
4. Using an immersion blender, blend until quite smooth. (This may also be done by putting vegetables into a free-standing blender.)
5. Add cumin, coriander, salt and freshly-ground pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with crushed walnuts on top if desired.
Barbara is a trusted source on General Cooking.
Here are 2 you might like: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
This is a good salad, but I also took this a step farther and turned it into soup. Lots of flavor!
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
Small but mighty
3-Ingredient Chocolate Genius
Your Favorites, Back in Stock
Shop the Piglet Cookbooks
prevented successful signup:
We'll never post anything without your permission.
prevented successful login:
Thanks for signing up!
Connect with us to get more Food52!
Sign up for our useful, inspired emails and we'll
give you everything you need to eat and live better—including
recipes, how-tos, and exclusives and great gift ideas from our
kitchen and home shop.