🔎

• 5

• 1212

A question about a recipe: Lentil and Sausage Soup for a Cold Winter's Night

I have a question about the ingredient "sausages made with herbs and/or garlic" on the recipe "Lentil and Sausage Soup for a Cold Winter's Night" from AntoniaJames.

480kmpdueopuyrj5hs9ptp02rtlrwo9ng9mvdfrl-wm
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Get a good savory sausage. Small link sausages might work, but a thick sausage the size of a bratwurst, which has been made with fresh herbs and/or garlic, really is best. I use sausages made with turkey dark meat and basil, and standard mild -- sometimes called "Sweet" -- Italian sausages. You could also use spicy Italian sausages if you like. Or you could even use a "half-smoke" if those are available where you live. When my boys were little, I'd make this using "Chicken Apple" sausages made by Aidell. (And I added a *lot* of red wine vinegar to my own bowl, to counter the sweetness.) Aidell makes a lot of different herb and garlic sausages. Some even have strong-flavored cheeses in them. If you can't get a nice savory sausage full of herbs and/or garlic, increase the herbs and garlic called for in the recipe, by about 50%. Good luck!! ;o)

Sunflower_profile
Burnt Offerings added over 2 years ago

I made it with a spicy lamb merguez sausage and it was out of this world.

Esther Plume added over 2 years ago

A nice Toulouse sausage would be good.

3-bizcard

I made this with a polska kielbasa it was delicious!

Me
wssmom added over 2 years ago

Ditto sdebrango: using kielbasa ROCKED!