🔎

A question about a recipe: Sara's "Granola Bars"

I got your recipe for Granola Bars with Almonds, Chocolate and Dried Cranberries from USA Weekend. I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for how to make them not stick in the pan. I tried using greased tin foil but the bars just stuck to the foil. I tried spraying my glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and had to chisel the bars out with a knife & a fork :(
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Chazlyn Robbins

051611f_493
Gator_cake

I'd line the pan with parchment (which is coated in silicone), then spray with non-stick cooking spray. Are you making sure not to overheat the honey and almond butter?

Dave Hoffman added about 2 years ago

Try using parchment paper instead of aluminum foil. You can grease it if necessary, either with non-stick cooking spray or a little canola oil, but I find that there's enough fat in the almond butter that the bars don't stick to the paper.

Dave Hoffman added about 2 years ago

Doh! Sorry for the duplicate answer -- for some reason I couldn't see the earlier response before I posted.

Scan0004
susan g added about 2 years ago

I like to use liquid lecithin when there might be an especially difficult sticking problem. Using parchment paper first sounds like the perfect buffer.