🔎

• 3

• 757

A question about a recipe: Plum Avocado Summer Salad

I have a question about the ingredient "dried red chili pepper" on the recipe "Plum Avocado Summer Salad" from Lena S..

2013-0709_plum-avocado-salad-007
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

We used a small narrow variety that was 1 to 2 inches in length. If you don't have whole dried red chilies, you can also start with a pinch of dried red pepper flakes, and add more to taste.

Lnd_jen
lastnightsdinner added over 2 years ago

I've used dried chile de arbol in this recipe with good results. Our local Mexican market always has them, and I've also ordered them from Rancho Gordo. Enjoy the salad - it's one of our favorite discoveries from food52!

Lena_pescados_capitales
Lena S. added over 2 years ago

I used the type Amanda describes, - dried whole red chillies- that I usually buy from the regular supermarket and agree - you could also try dried red pepper flakes. If you have some Mexican or Indian markets nearby, they will definitely have a selection of dried chillies and I'm sure most varieties would work well here....Hope you can find something that works to give a bit of a kick.