🔎

A question about a recipe: Cardamom Peach Pie Filling

I have a question about the recipe "Cardamom Peach Pie Filling" from MrsWheelbarrow. I made this recipe and left 1/3 inch headspace in my jars before processing. When I took the jars out of the canner the peach liquid oozed down the sides of the jars. The seal remained intact but I am concerned that the seal may have been affected. Would you suggest opening the jars, pouring out some of the liquid and re-canning?

Peachy
Profilepreferred

Cathy is a trusted source on Pickling/Preserving.

Siphoning of the liquid is common. To avoid it, keep the boiling at a consistent boil but not too rollicking. Also, the headspace should be 1" (I'm going to fix the recipe to include this important piece of information!) In the meantime, once the jars are cool, remove the rings and wash your jars, then check the seal by carefully lifting the jar by the ring. If it's holding, you're fine. If not, reprocess.

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added over 2 years ago

http://clark.wsu.edu/family...
Just click on this site and you will get lots of great information on canning pie filling to ENJOY later