🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions

080911_101

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions" from Ms. T. It says:

"If you’re making this ahead of time, cover and put it in the fridge. Take salad out about 3o minutes before serving to take chill off. Stir in ccrispy pancetta just before serving.

"If I'm making this a day ahead, do i still cook the pancetta but hold it out till serving or do i cook the pancetta right before serving?

asked by DAVILCHICK over 3 years ago
Me

It is not my recipe, but if I were making this ahead of time and was able to prepare the pancetta just before serving, that's what I would do!

Food54_profile_pic

Yes, I recommend making the pancetta the same day you serve the salad so it stays crispy. You could fry the pancetta an hour or so ahead of time and just keep on a plate at room temp until ready to serve. The other option (if you want to make sure you get some pancetta drippings incorporated into the onions) is to do it all the day before, but take the pancetta out of the pan before it gets too brown. Store it overnight in an airtight container at room temp, and then re-crisp it in the oven right before you serve the salad. Let me know how it works!