🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Balsamic Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pizza

63e284bb-06a0-47bc-b33a-4e1ad1d7dfe1--pizza2

I have a question about step 13 on the recipe "Balsamic Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pizza" from adashofbitters. It says:

"Using pizza peel, guide pizza onto heated stone. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove, using pizza peel. Sprinkle thyme and remaining cheese over pizza."

What if I don't have a stone? can I do the same on a cooking sheet?

Thanks!

asked by Adri almost 4 years ago
22b9ddc9-fc61-48a3-949e-dee341974288--liz_and_dad

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

yes, you can bake the pizza on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, if you don't have a pizza stone. Put the pan on the bottom-most rack of the oven.

You should definitely try a stone. They are awesome. And pretty inexpensive. I keep mine in the oven all the time - no need to take it out except for an occasional cleaning. It regulates the heat of the oven.

Good luck!

5647b401-e2f0-4e7f-aa87-e3eef5dd5390--me

Hi Adri! It'll be considerably more difficult to do this on a baking sheet because it doesn't have the same texture or cooking pattern of heat retention as a stone. Two solutions to this problem could be to:
1. Use a cast iron pan. Turn it upside down so the flat base is facing up and treat like a pizza stone.
2. Assemble the pizza on the baking sheet before baking. It won't have quite the same texture, but could definitely still work reasonably well.

Good luck!

23b88974-7a89-4ef5-a567-d442bb75da04--avatar

Thank you very much!!