🔔
🔎

Me

Via Julia Child:
1 cup grated Swiss
one 8-inch partially baked pastry shell
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
1/2 t salt
pinch each of nutmeg and pepper
1 T butter
spread 3/4 cup cheese in the bottom of the shell. Beat together the eggs milk and seasonings and pour into the shell to within an obbididdy of the top. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and dot with the butter. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

I like this recipe for roasted mushroom quiche:

http://shemanufactures...

Quiche_before_oven_web_square

Sheman, that looks fabulous!

Melissa Clark

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

that Julia Child recipe that wssmom posted is amazing, I use it often. Then when I want to add some vegetable matter, instead of adding it to the custard, I add it on top. For example, I have a recipe in my last book for a quiche that uses pretty much a similar custard to Julia Child, then I caramelize onions and radicchio and spoon it over the top for serving. The yummy custard layer keeps its creamy texture without any veggies getting in the way, and the radicchio adds a nice bitter contrast to the sweetness of the onions.