🔎

• 6

• 5649

Can I freeze jalapeno peppers?

I just picked all my late jalapeno peppers and I've got a ton of them! Can I freeze them? How is the best way to do it? thanks!

Lexmccall added over 2 years ago

Yes, absolutely. I find it easiest to cut them up first--remove the stem, seeds, membranes and cut into chunks. Then just stick them in a ziploc bag.

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added over 2 years ago

Yes, I have a tone in my freezer. I freeze them whole and wash/cut them right before I cook them.

Ozoz_profile
Kitchen Butterfly added over 2 years ago

Yes you certainly can. I always buy up chilies...whenever I see them and freeze. em Using them from frozen is a snap!

Me
wssmom added over 2 years ago

Absolutely! I cut them in half, stem and seed them, and then spread them on a tray for an hour in the freezer before either vacuum sealing them or popping them in a ziplock freezer bag and storing them in the freezer. Works great!

Reen added over 2 years ago

Thank you! I'll use them all winter!

Wholefoods_user_icon

http://www.ext.colostate...

I hope this reference will help you in all of your freezing of veggies to enjoy later in the year.