I have four beautiful Meyer lemons. I rarely ever find them, so this is a special ingredient for me. What should I do with them?

asked by Hilarybee over 3 years ago
1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_

Risotto, Marmalade, Thomas Keller has a cured Meyer Lemon treatment that can be used a number of ways. Really any way that you can showcase the flavors of Meyer Lemon would be great. Personally, a roast chicken with a compound butter of Meyer lemon zest, salt and pepper tucked under the skin and a couple lemons themselves stuffed into the cavity would be my pick. You could also use Meyer lemon in the accompaniments like a Rice Pilaf or aforementioned Risotto. Just my two cents.

Newliztoqueicon-2

Meyer_lemon_tree0001 Try mrslarkin's wonderful winner, "lemon posset" a simple but spectacular dessert. I have a Meyer lemon tree and this is one of my favorite Meyer lemon recipes!

Dsc03010

This is Merrill's recipe, and I like (love) it just as well with Meyer lemons as I do with limes.

Lemon curd. Lemon curd. Lemon curd. Fine Cooking has a great recipe. It is hard for me not to eat it all right out of the jar on a spoon or my finger. I can try and access it if you can't find it. I just can't get to it from here.

I would definitely make this pie for a memorable use of your meyer lemons. It only calls for 1/2 cup of lemon juice so you will also be able to make other recipes. www.epicurious.com/recipes...

036

I make this with Meyer Lemon ... the nice thing is you get to eat the lemons. Also Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart on this site!

A simple dish would be to take a roasting (or frying chicken), grab a couple of those lemons and puncture them with a fork. Stuff them in the cavity. Add fresh sage or tarragon under the skin. Truss it up just a bit to keep the cavity closed. Rub the skin with olive oil and sea salt and roast. Meyer's go really with almost anything chicken.

This lemon chicken recipe is fantastic. It is best made a day ahead and is good hot or warm, making it a good choice for a picnic.
www.seriouseats.com/recipes...

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet