A question about a recipe: Revenge of the Pear Crisp: What would be the manual equivalent of the stand mixer in this recipe?

Pear_crisp

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Revenge of the Pear Crisp" from Lizthechef. It says:

"Using a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix for 2 minutes on medium-low speed. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the toasted almonds."

asked by Panfusine about 3 years ago
261418_10150206607997864_742287863_7274773_7241571_n

I wouldn't think you would have much of a problem if you just use a handheld mixer for that step.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Thanks.. I was hoping to hear that!

Me

It is not my recipe (and it is a wonderful recipe!), but before I got my stand mixer, I would use a wooden spoon and a lot of elbow grease. Depending on how strong you are, mixing it for about four or five minutes by hand should work fine. The best gauge is your eyes!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Like this suggestion even more wssmom, thats usually what I end up doing !!

Newliztoqueicon-2

Sure - I have this standing mixer but often prefer to grab a strong fork or spoon and go at it!