A question about a recipe: Ginger Apple Torte

111610f_372

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Ginger Apple Torte" from drbabs. It says:

"In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Beat in two eggs. Beat in lemon zest, ginger, molasses, rum, and vanilla extract. (The mixture will look curdled. It's OK.)"

If I don't have a stand mixer with paddle attachment, only a food processor, can I still do this step? Should I do it by hand? Shall I find another dessert to serve?

asked by DAVILCHICK almost 3 years ago
Image

Hi Davilchick. I'm so happy you're making my cake and I hope you like it. The purpose of the mixer is to whip a lot of air into butter/sugar combination. The more air you can whip in, the lighter and higher the cake will be. I've never made it in a food processor. Do you have a hand mixer? If not, you could do it by hand, just whisk away with as much elbow grease as possible.

Barbara_davilman

Oh, I can go get a hand mixer!! That'll work? Fantastic. Thanks! And I'm sure the cake will be delicious! Can't wait.

400584_2795982053875_1473082837_n_(1)

I've done it by hand and it turned out great!