🔕 🔔

What is/are the best brands of whole wheat pasta?

asked by DianneD about 5 years ago

Here's a link to an article by Melissa Clark from the NYTimes. She did a taste test of some whole wheat pastas and makes her recommendations.

Try Bionaturae, available at Whole Foods and similar places. It's not gritty or heavy. They claim it's because they dry the pasta slowly.

Barilla Plus is pretty good and can be found most easily.

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

None. They are all gross. Better off with a small portion of a premium brand of reg pasta. I think some are here in the food52 shop. Rustichella I think?

I really like the flavor or Rustichella d'Abruzzo Farro pastas. They are quite expensive (over $5/pound), but are the only whole grain pasta I truly enjoy, rather than tolerate, or notice it is not that bad compared to the real thing.

I'm a fan of Whole Foods 365 brand. Not heavy or "wheat-y". I also like Gia Russo (I may be off by a letter in there) for the same reasons.