Thinking of roasting (instead of boiling or steaming) carrots to add to my chicken soup. Any thoughts or ideas?

asked by Food odyssea about 4 years ago

It's a wonderful idea. I bet it will be great. Throw some onions in there, too.

I second drbabs -- chicken soup with roasted veggies is amazing and here's a recipe to prove it!!!

YES! I always roast root vegetables before adding to many dishes. I think roasting is the best way to really bring the earthy flavor out. I scrub, cut into even size, toss with a little melted butter and olive oil, salt & pepper & roast. Yummy!

Interesting idea. How could it NOT be delicious? Roasted veggies are so good.

Sometimes I take the carrots that cooked in the soup and glaze them before putting them back for service.

I concur with the above. I most always roast any vegetables I put in soups and there is a depth of flavor added that is wonderful.

Fabulous idea!

Roasted veggies are fantastic for just about everything. Try roasted brussel sprouts! Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and you have the makings of popcorn b-sprouts! Eat 'em up like a bowl of popcorn - can't get enough of them!

Hell yes.