🔎

• 5

• 25962

Arrowroot flour ...can't find, is there a substitute?

Wholefoods_user_icon
5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm
beyondcelery added over 2 years ago

You can use any starch in its place. Tapioca starch/flour and potato starch are the best replacements in my opinion, but corn starch will also work. If it's in a gluten-free baking recipe, I highly recommend using tapioca starch/flour.

Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

Try looking for it again. You probably will find it with spices rather than flour.

Summer of Eggplant added over 2 years ago

Bob's Red Mill brand has arrowroot flour. I know Whole Foods, Publix and Kroger carry Bob's. At my Whole Foods, it is, as Susan suggests, with the spices, at Publix it is with baking supplies and Kroger has it with the organic products.

Junechamp

I've never seen it marketed as flour, just "Arrowroot." and for some recipes there is no substitute. Although there are other excellent thickeners (potato starch, corn starch, tapioca) arrowroot thickens but the "sauce" stays translucent. That doesn't happen with the other thickeners.

Carolyn Hartz added 3 months ago

Is arrowroot a flour or a powder. I would like to call a recipe flour free but it has arrowroot powder in it . Is arrowroot a flour