Dinner menu ideas that must include Korean Fried Chicken Wings somewhere!

I've scoured all my recipes and I struggling for ideas for a dinner menu for 8 of us next week. But I've been waiting for months to try the Korean fried chicken wings.

Inspiration please!

asked by beno510 about 4 years ago

I'm thinking Asian slaw as a side dish. This one sounds interesting to me:

Go with 'fried, steamed, grilled, braised, soup, vinegary salad, fruit/or sweet"
Focus on complimentary textures.

You got fried covered.
A egg drop or hot and sour soup.
steamed whole fish. Stuffed with ginger slices, cilantro (optional), rice wine and steamed. Or steamed dumplings.
A Yakatori skewers--(but you already have, grilled Asian egg plant).
Or Korean Beef, "Bulgogi".
A red braised beef dish with veggies, or braised potatoes (in red cooked) with carrots.
A sunomo salad (more Japanese, but a vinegary salad with crab meat, cucumber, in a vinegar, sugar, icewater, and dashi broth seasoned with soy sauce), or the mentioned slaw.
Ice cream (green tea if you can find it) with cherry soaked in sherry and vanilla, or sections of fruits and sherbet.
And steamed rice of course.

That's also out of order there. So decide which order you'd like.

What about a straight forward banchan? Korean potato salad, mung bean sprout salad, fish cake, kimchi. Mark Bittman offered this a few months ago

Korean recipes are typically served with a variety of pickles---kimchi in particular. The killer condiment is gochujang which is a spicy mixture of peppers and bean paste. As you are already cooking wings, unless you want to pile on the meats, bulgogi and kalbi, could be an overload. You might think about bipimbap which is a sizzling hot rice and vegetable dish finished with a fried or poached egg.

Korean, I think, could be the next wave.

Learned a lot about Korean food from this article - check it out.

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

A pickled cucumber salad would work, IMHO.

Thanks for the amazing suggestions. I'm going to try and extend the menu to a whole Korean dinner party based on the suggestions so far. A new experience - wish me luck!