🔎

Recipes for a vacation cabin.

We'll be staying 3 night at a vacation cabin in the mountains next weekend. We'll have a stove and fridge.
The water isn't drinkable so we'll have to haul in all water, food and cookware.
I'm looking for something a bit different than the usual fare of steaks, potatoes, and veggies.
Something easy to transport with minimal fuss and bother to make and limited spices.

3-bizcard

Boulangere's First Night in Florence Spaghetti is so delicious and easy to prepare:
You said the water is not drinkable but can you boil pasta with it?
If you have a grill make Jamie Olivers smoked beets and cottage cheese.

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

The water is very, very, high sulfur. I wouldn't use it for cooking anything. But the pasta might work, I've been really wanting to try that recipe...and might look for decent canned tuna next week.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 2 years ago

Are you fan of a slow cooker? If so, great recipes on the williams - sonoma site.

Sunflower_profile
Burnt Offerings added over 2 years ago

I echo sexylambchopx: Take a slow cooker and make some chili, a nice stew, chicken cacciatore, etc. If you want to make pasta - make a bolognese sauce in the slow cooker and serve it over pasta.