🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Culinary inspiration and recommendations for Andalusia region of Spain ?

Mexico_20060223_mexico_part_one_29_

I will be traveling to Madrid, Grenada, Arcos de las Fronteras and Ronda. Would love to hear from cooks about places I should not miss.

asked by lime lassi about 3 years ago
Sara_clevering

I lived in Madrid on study abroad a little over 10 years ago. You should definitely seek out good Jamon Serrano. (There is a chain in Madrid called Museo del Jamon--Ham museum--where the legs of jamon are hanging from the ceiling; it's a real kick). the fanciest one is jamon "de bellota" which means the pigs eat primarily acorns. (It's the most expensive of course). Granada has a historic Moorish quarter which is really fun, and Andalucia in general has a big tapas culture (not that the rest of Spain doesn't). You can just sort of wander around and have tapas at different places and fill up that way. Often there are abbeys in these towns where nuns have traditionally made a local pastry specialty, and they often still make them. Granada means "pomegranate" in Spanish so maybe you can find some there. :-) Have fun!

Lime_lassi

sarabclever, Thanks for the tips and bits of local lore - I took a cooking workshop in Tapas last fall and look forward to sponging up the real deal. We are staying near the Al Hambra. Every trip registers a seismic shift of the palette and alters the culinary course. Sounds like this may involve sherry, ham and flamenco.