🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Roasted Poblano Salsa

_tjh2418

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Poblano Salsa" from MrsWheelbarrow. The recipe calls for tomato sauce, with tomato paste being optional. I just made tomato paste - do you think I could use that without the sauce? By the way, I am going to freeze this not can it.

asked by SKK about 3 years ago
Cathybarrow_allrecipes_%c2%a9_2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a trusted source on Pickling/Preserving.

The recipe benefits from concentrated tomato, so upping the amount of paste, and perhaps adding water to achieve the texture you want, should work well. I'm not sure I would make the same suggestion if you were canning it, as the specific acid balance is important to shelf stability.

Buddhacat

Thank you, Mrs.W. I with you about not canning it. Great recipe!

Buddhacat

Hey Mrs.W - this recipe is amazingly wonderful, deep, flavorful. Took it to friends last night and no one could stop eating it. Afraid I don't have a lot left to freeze so will have to make more. This is a home run!

Cathybarrow_allrecipes_%c2%a9_2014
MrsWheelbarrow

I'm so glad you liked it, SKK! My friends and family say you never close a jar up - it's gone before you have a chance!