🔎

• 3

• 666

A question about a recipe: Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

I have a question about the recipe "Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes" from ashleyza. I live in an isolated area -- no real maple syrup within 100 miles. Would brown sugar sub okay, maybe with a little agave nectar? Or honey? Thanks!

100411-food52-0385
With_ab
JessicaBakes added over 2 years ago

Bummer. Nothing truly subs out for that maple-y goodness, but i think brown sugar, possibly a little hint of molasses and some honey or agave might fake it decently well. Also...the internet is full of wonderful things: i bet you can find a decent deal on Amazon!

Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

If you can get agave, would you be able to find maple flavored agave? While it's not the real thing, it's tasty and has the same syrupy nature.

ashleyza added over 2 years ago

I agree, I would order the maple syrup online if you can't find it locally. It is such a specific flavor that adds to the dish. Thank you so much for trying it out! I hope you enjoy.