🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

I have a question about the recipe "Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes" from ashleyza. I live in an isolated area -- no real maple syrup within 100 miles. Would brown sugar sub okay, maybe with a little agave nectar? Or honey? Thanks!

asked by SLK about 4 years ago

Bummer. Nothing truly subs out for that maple-y goodness, but i think brown sugar, possibly a little hint of molasses and some honey or agave might fake it decently well. Also...the internet is full of wonderful things: i bet you can find a decent deal on Amazon!

If you can get agave, would you be able to find maple flavored agave? While it's not the real thing, it's tasty and has the same syrupy nature.

I agree, I would order the maple syrup online if you can't find it locally. It is such a specific flavor that adds to the dish. Thank you so much for trying it out! I hope you enjoy.