🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crispy Cream-Braised Potatoes and Fennel

I have a question about the ingredient "3 yukon gold potatoes (about 1.5 pounds) – peeled and cut into irregular 1.5" to 2" chunks" on the recipe "Crispy Cream-Braised Potatoes and Fennel" from EmilyC.
I have a bag of Russet potatoes in the house and everything else I need to make your dish now. Do you think it's worth making or wait until I have some Yukon Gold potatoes. Congrats!

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

asked about 4 years ago

Russets are not quite as creamy as yukon golds...I would say you can decide how much you value potato creaminess. Russets certainly would perform better here than, say, red potatoes, so you're not 100% off :)

I agree with Jessica here. If I were you, I'd use the russets and save myself a trip to the store! I think they'll work just fine! I often have russets on hand and wouldn't hesitate to use them for this dish. Hope you enjoy -- and please report back on how they work!

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

Thanks. I need to use the fennel today before it turns. I will definetly report back. Great recipe!!!