If you could have anything for dinner tonight or tomorrow night what would it be?

My daughter just asked me this question - and my immediate answer is elk steak with huckleberry salsa. The last place I had elk steak was at the Kandahar Lodge at Big Mountain, Montana.

If you could have anything - what would you choose?

asked by SKK almost 3 years ago
With_ab

Turtle cheesecake with a side of burnt caramel gelato! That counts at dinner right?

Buddhacat

You bet turtle cheesecake with a side of burnt carmel gelato counts as dinner! The questions is - if you could have anything?

3-bizcard

I would love a big bowl of my Mothers Pasta fagiole, she has given me the recipe and I can never make it like she does. She makes homemade pasta for it. Wow its so delicious!
Tomorrow I would like breakfast for dinner eggs benedict with homemade english muffins, perfect hollandaise, a thick slice of canadian bacon and a perfectly poached egg and a side of crisp oven roasted potatoes and a simple green salad.

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

Khoresht-e Bademjan, the way the restaurant Alborz in Redmond used to make it. (Maybe they still do? It's been a long time since I ate there.) Gluten-free baklava for dessert.

Me

Tonight, I would like an order of the "Eddie Fisherman" (grouper en papillote) from The Bubble Room on Captiva Island, Florida, along with some "Bubble bread" (cheesy French bread to die for) and some pinot grigio. Actually, when you come right down to it, I'd like to BE on Captiva Island tonight, ordering the Eddie Fisherman (and some Bubble bread and pinot grigio), and then after a great day at the beach tomorrow, making my way down the street tomorrow night to the Mucky Duck for their "Whatever the fish, whatever the price" fish of the day. And some pinot grigio. It's been a long week.

Some creamy Fettucine Alfredo at Ilario's in Syracuse, NY!

08270410avatar_messbrasil

I'm in an expensive mood tonight,but not that hungry,so I think I would start with some caviar on blinis and a glass of champagne,then I would skip the main course and go straight to desert:something "chocolaty" and decadent,for sure.Maybe souflé au chocolat...hummmmm!More chanpagne,I'm also feeling very french tonight...

First Night in Florence Spaghetti because of its intrinsic wonderfulness and because of the deep memories it evokes. Alternatively, I'd love for wssmom to save me a seat in the Bubble Room.

White Alba truffles shaved over steaming hot pappardelle.

Me

@boulangere: Done!