🔎

• 1

answer
  • 584

A question about a recipe: Ricotta and Chive Gnocchi

I have a question about the recipe "Ricotta and Chive Gnocchi" from The Internet Cooking Princess. I love the look of these gnocchi. I saw this recipe a year ago, and asked about the size/weight of the potatoes. I never got an answer. Russets can vary so greatly in size. Can anyone who has successfully made this recipe, please let me know? Much thanks!

021610f52_352
Mj52110
gothamista added over 2 years ago

I haven't made the recipe, but seeing as how no one has answered, I looked to several cookbooks and other recipes, and to Internet Cooking Princess' own website. There, she specifies "large" Russets. Other recipes using comparable amounts of eggs and flours use between 1.5 and 2 pounds of potatoes. I think if you get 3 half-pound potatoes (or slightly larger), that would be about right. Plus gnocchi is relatively forgiving and you can always add a little bit more ricotta or flour as necessary depending on texture.