Any great ideas on what to do with a pork rib roast?

asked by Midge almost 4 years ago

How about make a paste from 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 TBS Chili Powder and the juice of one lime and then smear that all over the outside of the roast, and dry roast on a rack at like 350 degrees until proper inside temperature. Serve with a Pineapple, Onion, Cilantro, Bell Pepper salsa.

Saurkaurt, 1 onion and caraway seeds. First sear the pork very well (more is better here) in a large Duch oven, set the pork off to the side (I use the lid of the duch oven) slice and saute the onion. Rinse the saurkaurt once (you must retain the kraut flavor) add the onion to the rinsed kruat, mix it up, center the pork in the pan, dump the kruat and onion around it, toss in some caraway seed, add some liquid like broth or beer or water and bake at 325 for at least 3 hours or more uncovered for the last 30 minutes. sometimes I use my cajun injector and inject some of the juice in the bottom of the pan into the pork. No need for salt because of the saurkaurt, I forgot to add pepper the last time I made this and dident miss it. 5 ingredients if you count the water how could this not be good

I would simply "lard" it with garlic cloves and rosemary. You don't need the fancy, schmantzy stuff. Let the pig fat speak out for its ownself. Oh yeah, salt and pepper too.

Summer_2010_1048

Thanks everyone! I ended up going the pierino route this time, with great results, but plan on trying out the other great suggestions as I have a freezer full of pork, thanks to pig farmer friend.

Glad that it worked out for you.