🔎

• 12

• 400

• See other questions tagged:
    • size

Can you please make this fit on the computer screen? Thank you.

Me
wssmom added over 2 years ago

If you are using a pc, you can hold down the control key and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to adjust the display size of the page.

Family_feb2012_-_version_2
garlic&lemon added over 2 years ago

If you are using a Mac, put your cursor on the lower right corner and drag to the right to enlarge your window. If it i now too far to the right, click the cursor at the top edge and move the window as far left as you want.

Family_feb2012_-_version_2
garlic&lemon added over 2 years ago

Family_feb2012_-_version_2
garlic&lemon added over 2 years ago

Spring_2011_012
Pamplemousse added over 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Here here. Please? I haven't looked at Food52 more than a couple of times since the site changed, because it is simply too frustrating. Also, the new site takes a very long time to load, even on my newer computer. Note: this is not complaining, it is meant for constructive criticism from your loyal users. This is not an attempt to elicit an upset response.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Thanks for your note. We've been dealing with some complicated speed issues, which are partially resolved and should be fully resolved in a day or two. Other than speed, what else is frustrating you? Please let us know!

Spring_2011_012
Pamplemousse added over 2 years ago

I'm on a PC. I guess my main issue is that it is just very difficult to read pages because they don't fit on my computer screen, therefore I'm just not able to navigate the site easily anymore, particularly the homepage. And the speed of download issues mentioned before. I understand that the other things (recipe search, etc.) will just take some time to get used to. Thanks!

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Please let us know if you're on a PC or a Mac. Thanks!

Nog
Niknud added over 2 years ago

Amanda, if you're interested in issues here are the one's I'm experiencing: no email notifications (Mac & PC), vanishing recipe steps (Mac), page rations seem to be off kilter (PC), not being able to click to the next page (so I can't, for example, see older hotline/recipes other than what's on the front page). Please know that this is not a complaint - there are bound to be growing pains - just wanted to give you some feedback on some of the bugs out there. Hang in there!

amysarah added over 2 years ago

Since you asked - and sorry if this has already been asked/answered - but is there some way to edit a comment after posting, like there was on the old site? Seeing I typed, e.g., 'its' instead of 'it's', drives my inner grammar nerd insane.

Also, is there any way to break a comment into paragraphs (i.e., type a line or two, leave a line of space, then another couple of sentences?) Everything I type gets posted in one big unwieldy block. Thanks for asking!

Chris_in_oslo

I waited and waited for that feature. But then when we got it, I felt bad about multiple notifications to people. Now that I haven't been getting notifications, I'm wishing for that edit function again! The paragraphs? I definitely agree. We have them for comments on recipes. They'd be good here too.

Flower-bee
Droplet added over 2 years ago

The overall proportions to the design do seem to spread a bit beyond the range of comfortable visual perception. I use a 19 inch screen and have no margins on either side when I load food52; I often get the urge to lean back in order to compensate.