🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How can I arrange the bar top so that it looks festive yet elegant?

We are building a Holiday iPad app and need your help!

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked about 3 years ago
3-bizcard

Do you mean arrange the bottles and glasses or do you mean how would you decorate?

Avatar-460-white
Food52

Both

Buddhacat

I am with sdebrango, confused by the question. The bar top is a working space.

One very old trick for Vodka is encasing the bottle in ice. Use a paper juice or milk carton and fill with water. Put in the (full) vodka bottle and put in some herbs, like thyme or rosemary sprigs..or some dried flowers, and freeze.
You might have to do this in layers..freezing one layer to almost fozen then anchor the decorations in the 'almost solid' ice..and fill up with water. This is so they don't float.
Peel off the layer of paper carton when solid and you should have a bottle encased in an ice block with some herbage/flower in the ice.
This probably isn't a good idea if you don't have a bartender and it's self-serve as it's kinda slippery to handle, after a couple of Martinis but it looks great.

I forgot to add...Use distilled water to make a clear ice block. Remove the paper by running warm water over it.
Refreeze and run some water over it before service to clear up the surface of the ice. You could even chip the edges (be careful!) to make a more rustic chiseled ice block.
Tie a white napkin around the ice block to use a grip for service.

3-bizcard

I like to decant my wine and put in beautiful glass or crystal decanters, candles in beautiful candle holders, fresh seasonal greenery. I find most bars to be pretty small so glasses are usually kept away from the bar. If its Thanksgiving maybe some gourds or small pumpkins placed in a decorative way would be nice. Also arranging artistically trays of sliced lemons and limes olives, cherries or whatever you need for the drinks. I like Sam's idea sounds beautiful.

Image

wow...so looking forward to your FOOD52 party, sdebrango!

Don't forget lighting! Some small spot lights highlighting the bottles and glassware looks nice. Tho, I'd avoid the colored flashing 'disco' bar lighting. A simple spotlight or some LED candles behind the ice block vodka would look very nice...or Candles as sedebrango mentioned..kinda nested in with the glassware and bottles.

Crystal, glass, ice...look very nice when lit well.

Buddhacat

Sam, you are so talented!