🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

100411-food52-0385

I have a question about the recipe "Mashed Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes" from ashleyza. When do I add the butter? It's listed in the ingredients but not mentioned in the instructions. (not that I expect it matters as the yumminess of this recipe cancels out any minor procedural errors.)

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

asked about 3 years ago

It does sound yummy. I think you could mix the butter into the potatoes once you scoop them out of their shells.

Scan0004

Peter, looks like you have not forgotten to eat. Just keep up your strength! This does sound wonderful...

Flower-bee

Mybe you just missed the word. I read it as being added to the warmed up milk and chipotle. If you prefer to mash the potatoes by hand, you can easily add it to the potatoes once you scoop them out of their flesh and it will melt right away. Once you add the cream it will get distributed evenly, as both mixtures are warm.

Sunshine-small
Peter

Doh! Indeed, when I went back to the page the word butter is there. i swear I looked the page up and down 5 times. Regardless, I just added the butter to the mixture at the end and it was all delicious. Oh, and we kept the skins in there. Chopped them up rough with a knife and then let the immersion blender do most the work after that. Barely noticed them when eating yet added lots of healthy vitamins and fiber I'm sure. :-) This recipe is a DEFINITE keeper.

Flower-bee

If you've spent the last couple of weeks looking for and fixing missing things around the site, you may very well have missed it. Keeping the skins made me think of another good way to serve this by mashing the potatoes with the cream and the other ingredients and scooping it all back in the skin halves. Then you can add the butter as a cube on top of each and let it melt.

Step 2