🔎

• 5

• 967

A question about a recipe: Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Cardamom and Yogurt

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Cardamom and Yogurt" from TasteFood.

031511f_469
Dsc_0281
Chris_in_oslo

You forgot the rest of your question!

Chris_in_oslo

Oh I see your question further down. You're asking whether the marinade will scorch if you make it with chicken thighs rather than a whole spatchcocked bird. The answer is that you'll want to cook them for a shorter time and keep an eye on them. You can see in the pictures that the whole chicken gets dark, so don't avoid all darkening. But no, I would not recommend removing the whole marinade--I've made this dish a couple of times, and that coating is a key to its being really delicious.

Dsc_0281
rayva added over 2 years ago

I found the question process incredibly confusing. so far as I know I typed my question and "entered it, but apparently I didnt. The question was whether to remove excess marinade since I'm using skinless bone-in thighs. It's like a tandoori recipe in that case, but since I'm roasting instead of grilling I don't want it to burn. ideas?

Dsc_0281
rayva added over 2 years ago

oh, and now i see your answer greenstuff, thanks, that was my inclination!

Chris_in_oslo

Not to worry, rayva. You're going to end up with the dinner that you like!