🔎

• 3

• 892

A question about a recipe: Leek, Lemon, and Feta Quiche- Has anyone cooked this with whole milk or yogurt instead of the half/half? Thanks!

I have a question about the recipe "Leek, Lemon, and Feta Quiche" from Feeding the Saints (A. C. Parker).

020210f_0627
Dscf1365
Gator_cake

I haven't but I think whole milk would work. It won't be as rich, obviously, but otherwise I don't foresee a problem. Make sure to leave a comment about how it works if you go ahead with it.

Hilary_sp1
Hilarybee added over 2 years ago

I think whole milk would be fine. You could also combine about a tablespoon of yogurt to the milk, to make it creamier- that might compensate for the loss of fat.

2009-11-28_phanouropita_acp
Allison Cay Parker added over 2 years ago

Hi. I'm the recipe author. Yes, whole milk should be fine. This recipe is a variation on a basic quiche recipe that's been in our family for a while and that I've tinkered with on different occasions. I haven't done the Feta/Leek version with just milk, but other quiches have been lovely that way.

Personally, I would not recommend the yogurt, but that's only because I haven't tried it myself. If you try it, I'd be really glad to hear about the results.

Hope you enjoy the quiche, and thanks for giving it a whirl.
Regards,
Allison