Does anyone have a good game for breaking the ice when entertaining?

This is the tail end of our Holiday iPad app entertaining tip collecting! Help us pull it all together with your tried and true ways to survive the holidays.

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

Pictionary is always a stitch - have had some of my best times around it.

3-bizcard

Love pictionary, trivial pursuit is also fun!

Buddhacat

There are two things I have done that people had fun with and took the idea to their own parties. The first was to bring their favorite poem that inspires them and everyone takes turns and reads it outloud to the group.
The second, and we really had fun with this, was everyone brought the lyrics of their favorite song, enough copies to hand out to everyone at the party. The names of the songs were sent to me in advance and I downloaded them. Then we all sang the songs together. Who knew we could rock like that?

Catch Phrase is always a good time :-)

Lorigoldsby

I always ask how they met the host/ hostess....while it is not an organized "activity", it always makes for a interesting opening gambit and everyone has a story (sometimes a juicy one!)

Lorigoldsby

Recently I was at a dinner party of 16 people (seated) and the hostess asked each of us to describe the first person they had met who was at the table and how and when; then that person did the same, until everyone had told the story of meeting another person at the table. It was interesting listening to the social network that had brought everyone to the party.

Pamelalee

Two truths and a lie is a fun game. Everyone writes down and then shares 3 little-known facts about himself - two are true and the third is false. Everyone has to guess which one is the lie.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet