🔔
🔎

I asked a question yesterday and indicated that I wished answers be sent to me via email. Didn't happen. What's wrong?

asked by BAE almost 3 years ago
Meg_b_f52

That happened to me last week as well. I think that the Hotline email feature isn't up and running yet.

Alex_september_015

BAE, we are still experiencing some problems with email notifications. Two questions for you: did you check your spam folder? Because the replies may have ended up in there. Second, if that is not the fix, can you let me know what email service you are using (e.g., gmail, yahoo, aol, etc)? Thanks.

BAE

Yes, nothing in my spam folder. I'm using comcast.net. Also, to add insult to injury, when I do a search to see if there have been any responses, I first search for my name, BAE, and come up with nothing. Then, I search for one of my tagged items, "loose nuts," and still get nothing. So do I have to scroll through all the postings in order to determine whether anyone has responded?

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Me neither, PC, hotmail, I.E.

Scan0004

"... indicated that I wished answers sent to me..." I think the only choice is to opt out of emails to the question. Receiving notifications is the default. However, since many people are not getting (or not finding) the notifications, that issue is real. I'm getting notifications, and grateful!

Dsc00859_2

Nor I, only from the editors. Mac, aol.

Hi All, This issue has now been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any problems with hotline email notifications.

BAE

@kfir52: I still have not gotten ANY emails in response to any of my inquiries/postings, so the issue is not yet resolved from my end.

Birthday_2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

not getting email notifications, aol, ie

Me

kfir52, I am not receiving any FOOD52 email notifications and have not been since the changeover. (aol, google chrome, pc)

Please check your spam folder

Me

I always check my spam folder; no notifications.

BAE your email notification setting were set not to receive emails I have change that for you.

Wssmom do you receive the food52 newsletter, how about email between users? I have sent you a test email did you receive it?

Me

@kfir52: Sadly, the only mail I have received in the past hour was from someone trying to sell me land in Costa Rica. I deleted it. I did not receive anything from you; the "interoffice" email on the site (send me a message) does not appear to be working, either. I do, however, get the newsletter from Amanda and Merrill, and other direct mail from editors.

Gator_cake

Wow! I just sent you a message - guess you won't be getting it!

Chris_in_oslo

No notifications here either. And I can't find a place to change notifications preferences. I do get the mail from Amanda and Merrill. PC, Chrome.

Flower-bee

I'm sorry to be yet one more trouble, but no notifications for me either since the changeover. I haven't opted out and no spam. I receive the newsletter regularly. I have a hotmail account.

BAE

I am still not receiving any emails or notifications of any sort and I have checked my spam folder.

BAE