Is there any possibility of deceasing the of the ads on this site.

Any cursor motion over an ad means it takes over. This is making this site too irritating and unpleasant to use.

asked by plevee over 2 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I understand your frustration with having an ad open up when you don't expect it to, and we'll ask about that, but we now have fewer ads than we used to -- not just one per page as opposed to 2 or 3.

But the one you do have opens up and obscures whatever I am watching or reading without my clicking on it. It is almost impossible to move the cursor from the navigation bar without opening the ad. Surely the owner can do something to make the ad less sensitive to cursor motion?

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Can you let me know if you're on a mac or pc and which browser you're using? This may help us figure it out -- because not everyone is having this issue. Thanks.

Yes, I've noticed that there are indeed fewer ads, but the ones that exist are large and moving (is this called "flash?). I gave up television several months ago, and I feel like now it's pursuing me. Any time my cursor gets near an ad, the ad takes control. Thank heaven I keep the sound turned off. When Im on the site, I find I'm constantly conscious of keeping as far away from the right side of the screen as possible, and focused on not letting the movement in the ad catch my eye. I visit the site extremely often, but find It's a lot of work for what was a lot of fun.

I've experienced the same thing, but I understand the need for ads, even if it's pretty annoying. This is definitely not the only site that I've noticed has started having this type of ad, but I do fine it more so here. (I experience it with WSJ and NYT too.) I haven't had it on other food sites, however. yet anyway. I'm on a mac.

Flower-bee

I am not having such problem at all. I stop once a day, and I haven't had a single ad take over my screen. I suspect the people who are reporting this might actually have an issue with their browser settings or their anti-virus software, as it also includes in its duties to regulate things such as pop-ups for example.

I have the same problem. I'm on a PC. It is most annoying.

Don't know why this posted X3--apologies.