🔎

• 8

• 419

I keep looking for an easy way to copy a recipe and put it on a word document, but end up have volumes of extra words. Help please.

I cannot take my computer into the kitchen with me. There is a recipe that I want to make.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Would you like to print the recipe? That might be easiest -- there is a print icon at the bottom of the toolbar to the left of the recipe.

bella s.f. added over 2 years ago

Amanda, thanks for the tip. That icon hid from me until you mentioned it. Alright, perhaps I did not notice it. I like to copy recipes before I print them so that I can add notes that I have found that I think will be helpful. I also put the recipes into my "Recipe" file on our computer. Then I can add tips about making the recipe as well as our own review. I actually have a really wonderful system. Now, if I only remembered to use it. Now it is time to choose what to make for a certain potluck that we are attending in S.F. Hhhmmmm...

3-bizcard

I use evernote and just copy what I want from the recipe and paste it into evernote. You can probably do the same thing with a word doc.

Flacamama added over 2 years ago

what is evernote? and why, when I try to block and copy, all kinds of additional stuff shows up?

With_ab
JessicaBakes added over 2 years ago

go to evernote.com and check it out. It's a web program/application that you can download on your computer, iphone, ipad, etc. that stores notes and allows you to tag them into certail "files." I'm with sdebrango...it's fantastic for saving recipes and accessing them across multiple devices seamlessly. I highly recommend it!

flgal added over 2 years ago

You can either copy and paste section by section so you only have what you want, or copy and paste the whole thing and then go back and delete what you don't want.

amysarah added over 2 years ago

Yes, this is what I do - simple copy/paste, then delete any stray graphics or verbiage - much quicker than finagling with getting them not to appear. I also like doing this, rather than printing a recipe 'as is', because I can revise (e.g., break one long step into shorter, easier to digest sections) or add a note (e.g., from a comment suggesting an appealing addition/alternate seasoning.)

Print_mode As Amanda pointed out every recipe page has a print mode to make it easy to print / cut and paste etc.
In the image I marked in red the print mode button on an example recipe page.