🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Steamed Brown Bread

Steamed_brown_bread_two

I have a question about the recipe "Steamed Brown Bread" from thirschfeld. What other options can we use to bake it in? I love the can idea but most can linings have BPA in them and that is obviously unappealing. Eden organics bean cans don't have BPA but they're lined with something else that is probably kind of bad to heat in contact with the bread. Thoughts for alternate, non-toxic baking molds for this lovely recipe?

asked by Eve Fox about 3 years ago
Scan0004

I have used a recipe for Boston Brown Bread, the classic steamed 'native' bread, baked in the oven instead of steaming. Also, last I heard, the cans used by Eden Foods are BPA free (I'd check on that). Most recipes I see use a coffee can -- larger, and maybe because the contents are dry instead of wet, also free of BPA.

Scan0004

Sorry, didn't read the rest of your question first, about Eden. Maybe a phone call to them?

Scan0004

Thoughts are coming after 'add.' There are molds sold for steamed puddings.