50 FAVORITES UNDER $50 (TALK ABOUT A WIN-WIN). SHOP NOW »

Highlighting recipe multiple times?

I love all the different articles featured on the site. I am surprised, however, that it seems like a recipe will be highlighted in multiple articles on the site. We have so many wonderful cooks and recipes, can we get a broader view of available recipes?

asked by Helen's All Night Diner over 4 years ago
39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Thanks for your comment, Helen's All Night Diner. We try to pluck recipes from all of our community but for things like roundups, we are limited by the recipes we've tested and photographed beautifully. We definitely try to feature more of our members (Jenny's in the Kitchen is a way highlighting more community members and their recipes). Now that we're photographing more Community Picks, and have brought back WIldcards, more recipes and cooks will be included in roundups and articles. If you test any recipes you think are great, send us an email to the editors account and we can test it for a potential Wildcard win.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I like the 'one year ago' feature, but if all the choices are winners/picks, it is limited. Once in a while, how about just picking a number out of a hat? (ie, random selection that will bring up one of the many submissions left behind...I have made many with good to fabulous results)

This reminds me, I've been meaning for months to ask a foodpickle / hotline question for people to identify/disclose/share the hidden treasures on the site . . . recipes cooks here make often, or have tried and plan to make again, that never made the Community Pick roster or have otherwise been featured. Think I'll do that now! ;o)

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

That's a great idea! I would love to see what people have to say! Thanks

I posted the question elsewhere on the Hotline a little while ago, HAND. Please let us know your favorites! ;o)