Highlighting recipe multiple times?

I love all the different articles featured on the site. I am surprised, however, that it seems like a recipe will be highlighted in multiple articles on the site. We have so many wonderful cooks and recipes, can we get a broader view of available recipes?

asked by Helen's All Night Diner almost 3 years ago
Kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Thanks for your comment, Helen's All Night Diner. We try to pluck recipes from all of our community but for things like roundups, we are limited by the recipes we've tested and photographed beautifully. We definitely try to feature more of our members (Jenny's in the Kitchen is a way highlighting more community members and their recipes). Now that we're photographing more Community Picks, and have brought back WIldcards, more recipes and cooks will be included in roundups and articles. If you test any recipes you think are great, send us an email to the editors account and we can test it for a potential Wildcard win.

Scan0004

I like the 'one year ago' feature, but if all the choices are winners/picks, it is limited. Once in a while, how about just picking a number out of a hat? (ie, random selection that will bring up one of the many submissions left behind...I have made many with good to fabulous results)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

This reminds me, I've been meaning for months to ask a foodpickle / hotline question for people to identify/disclose/share the hidden treasures on the site . . . recipes cooks here make often, or have tried and plan to make again, that never made the Community Pick roster or have otherwise been featured. Think I'll do that now! ;o)

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

That's a great idea! I would love to see what people have to say! Thanks

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I posted the question elsewhere on the Hotline a little while ago, HAND. Please let us know your favorites! ;o)