🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

An update about the Hotline

Hi Everyone! You guys have been wonderful and tireless about letting us know about bugs, questions, and lots of other helpful feedback about the site here on Hotline. This has been invaluable to us as we got the new site back in order. We still have work we want to do but it's become much more manageable thanks to you! As we said from the beginning, welcoming site-related questions here would be just a temporary measure for post-launch until we could build out a comprehensive FAQ page. We are nearing completion of that page, thanks to much of your feedback here, and we'll be posting it next Wednesday, November 16. To get the Hotline ready for the holidays (the time for it to really shine!), we'll stop allowing site-related questions here again (as we did on the old site). Of course we still want to hear from you, but starting on November 16, when you run into glitches, we'll have a new support email for you to contact directly. Thanks again! -- Amanda & Merrill

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked almost 3 years ago
Buddhacat

We are doing a happy dance here in my kitchen! Whoopee!! Thanks for all your great work.

3-bizcard

YAY!! thank you so much you are all tireless and it is so appreciated.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Splendid! You all are the best. We love you. ;o)

Scan0004

You have been great listeners too plus all of the above!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Hats off to a wonderful transition to the new system!
Thank you Food52!

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Thank you, guys. Grateful for all your hard work.

Love,

slightly inebriated punch person.

Not a problem. Thank you for all the hard work on the parts of many more than I suspect we can even imagine. And the website is today much, in Peter's words, "snappier!"

Someday you will look back on all of this and laugh and tell stories.

I'm not always receiving emails sent to me through the site.

Me

I switched and opened a gmail account and am now receiving updates, etc.

I use gmail, wssmom. I'm receiving notifications, but not all emails are getting to me.

Beaune_02_april_08_063

boulangere- This may not have anything to do with your problem but I use gmail and was getting about half the notifications I should. I went into my spam folder to check on something else and there the other half of my food52 notifications were! I have no idea why only some were going to spam but... maybe something to check?

Lorigoldsby

You guys have been so wonderful (even going so far as to post a pic for me!)...I know that even those who haven't caught this thread are still very appreciative of all the hard work and love you pour into this site everyday! It shows and again, is so very much appreciated!

I finally started getting notifications, comments etc today...Thanks so much for all your hard work and patience with US!!

Sunshine-small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

Pat, do you by any chance have an AOL email address?

No Peter...I have Comcast. I even sent a message to myself and it worked. Thanks so much ( don't change anything (LOL))

3-bizcard

I am still not getting notifications of comments on recipes or hotline. I use MSN.

3-bizcard

oh forgot I use a Mac.

3-bizcard

I just sent myself an email and it worked. But I used to get notifications when there was a comment on a recipe and I don't get those anymore. I haven't asked a hotline question lately so can't say for sure if I receive a notification.

Hi sdebrango, you notification setting were set not to receive emails I change that and you should start getting email from us. Also in case you don't make sure you check your spam folder on MSN it might be called junk.

3-bizcard

Thank you so much, I got the notification. I didn't realize I had set it that way. My apologies Working like a charm!! Many thanks.

Farmer's_market

I'm also still not getting notifications from Hotline; I am, however, receiving the newsletter. I'm using a Verizon email address. (On both Mac/Safari and PC/Firefox.)

Chris_in_oslo

Yikes, they just started. What a flood!
@Peter--yahoo

Image

Hooray, I just started getting notifications on hotmail/ Mac. Actually started Thursday night.

Me

Thanks so much for your efforts - and thank you to this whole community for communicating needs and issues through this transition. It's been a 'bonding' experience for all of us :-) I must admit I haven't been as active on the site over the last month or more, but return with increasing frequency now. Thanks!!

Image

Thanks for being so willing to be open to feedback. I'm in awe of the work you all do and look forward to seeing what lies ahead.

Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

Just commenting here to bump this thread to the top of the Hotline -- and to thank you all for being so patient with glitches (we know how frustrating they can be, since we're on the site all the time too!) and so helpful in reporting them.

Phoenix

I'm still not receiving emails & starting to feel a little jealous! Kristen, is this problem still being worked on for those of us still out of the loop? I have a hotmail acount & before the redesign, I was signed up NOT to receive emails, but now with the opt-out boxes I would like to receive them. My understanding is that my prior preference shouldn't affect the new default. However, if there's a place on my profile page where I should check my preference to receive emails, please let me know.

Hi BlissfulBaker,

You should start getting email notification now.

Phoenix

Thank you! I am now receiving emails. Woohoo! I know solving that problem was a lot of work on the back end & I appreciate it so much! Now, how do we go about opting-out on specific threads without posting further comments? Right now, we have the option of opting out when posting, but not after posting. (When I try to just click the opt-out box, nothing happens & if I click the box & click "add" without filling in the comment box, hotline posts a reply under my name that says "add answer here".)

Junechamp

I've finally gotten used to the new format. I'm not receiving nearly so many emails as before, but I generally opt to not receive comments -- unless I asked the question! I have to say I LOVE the sans serif font you're using. So much easier on my lousy eyes.

Mrs._larkin_370

Hi guys, what is the new support email for site-related questions? Didn't spot it anywhere - maybe I missed it. I've got a site-related question.