🔎

• 2

• 793

veggie marinade

Any suggestions for a quick, easy, healthy recipe to us on stir -fry or sauteed veggies?

Wholefoods_user_icon
Dsc_0253_2

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

Although it sort of depends what vegetables you're cooking, I always just use olive oil, salt, pepper, and sometimes balsamic vinegar. If you wanted to make something with a sort of Asian flavor, sesame oil, chinese vinegar and soy sauce are a good way to go (plus chili oil if you like heat!).

Dsc_3321
PistachioDoughnut added about 2 years ago

This is like a rub then marinade but it really makes veggies taste better esp Okra, or beans..
Salt to taste, Gram Flour 2tbsp,1/2 T Red Chili Powder, 1/2 Chaat masala powder, 1/2 dry mango powder, 1/2 t cumin powder - coat the veggies in this and either deep fry them or shallow fry
or another one that i use for cottage cheese and veggie marinade - 2 t green chillies paste, bunch corriander leaves, bunch mint leaves, garlic 2 to 3, 1 tsp ginger, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, salt, 1/2 yogurt, water, 3 tbsp dry roasted gram flour, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 garam masala...grind the corriander and mint leaves along with ginger, garlic and chillies and mix all the other ingredients well and use it on veggies...