🔎

• 9

• 554

How to edit a recipe?

I hit edit recipe, and it goes to the recipe itself and I see no way of hitting an edit button. Help~

Buddhacat
Kandm

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Picture_1 Hey SKK, there should be an edit button under the photo on the left. Here's a screen shot for you.

Kandm

That's a small photo, but the two green buttons under the photo are what I'm talking about. The one on the left is the edit button.

Gator_cake

You can't edit recipes that are currently in a contest, so that may be the trouble.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

I think HLA is correct, I wanted to edit a recipe currently in a contest. So we can no longer do that? Thanks everyone!

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Yes, HLA is right -- and we've actually pretty much always kept recipes closed for editing while they're "In the Test Kitchen" of an active contest (just so we don't accidentally test one version, and have it change on us!). If you need to update your recipe, we can take care of it if you email [email protected], and you can also put the update in a comment on the recipe so everyone who tries it in the meantime will be aware.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Thanks, Kristen. I am good. No recipe changes, just wanted to make an addition to the headnote and that is not necessary. Appreciate the explantion.

Summer of Eggplant added over 2 years ago

Can you add a picture for a recipe submitted to a closed contest? I can't seem to figure it out. I can't seem to figure a lot out.

Gator_cake

Nope! I'm pretty sure that at some point they will fix that, but it's gotta be a low priority.

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Summer of Eggplant, if you can wait till the contest is out of the "Test Kitchen" phase (when we announce finalists on Thursday), hopefully this option should be available. It's a great point that this should be allowed during the testing phase, but HLA is right that it's lower priority than some of the other big issues like site speed, etc.